- Everyone who rents a motorcycle from Motorcycle Rental Ireland Limited t/a Celtic Rider, must be over 25 years of age and hold a full motorcycle license for one year or more which allows them to ride the same cc motorcycle as they intend renting.
- Riders must be over 30 years old to carry a pillion passenger.
- Riders must hold a valid driver’s license from a country or state of permanent residence. This normal driving licence is all that is required. International licenses are perfectly acceptable but not necessary.
- If the pillion passenger intends on riding the motorcycle allocated to the main rider, a copy of their licence must be scanned and emailed prior to/or on arrival and relevant documents should be signed allowing them to be a rider.
- We accept most major credit cards. AMEX is not accepted.
- 50% of overall rental fee is required at time of booking. Balance to be paid in full 1 month before pick up/arrival date.
- Rental rates are calculated on full calendar days, mostly due to insurance reasons, NOT the 24 hour clock. Example, pick up on Monday and return the following Friday, falls into a 5 day category.
- All motorcycles are supplied with a full tank of petrol on pick-up and should be returned with a full tank. A refuelling charge will apply if the motorcycle is returned without being filled.
All confirmed Rental Agreement deposits are non-refundable, but in the event of cancellation they can be used on an agreed alternative date by prior arrangement, or transferred to another person’s rental. If a bike/tour is cancelled within 5 months of a rental/tour start date then 50% of the total amount will be credited to a future rental or another person’s rental.
- If riders choose to rent our all-weather riding gear, an agreed damage deductible will apply if items are retuned damaged.
Motorcycles must be returned on time. We request that riders return no later than 3pm. The main reason for this is to allow ample repacking time and for the last of your paperwork to be completed before your return to your hotel/airport.
- Your rental period may be extended once agreed by contacting Celtic Rider staff. This happens quite frequently due to clients wishing to extend their adventure tour of our island and/or Europe.
- You must notify Celtic Rider staff if you become aware of a motorcycle fault or if the motorcycle becomes un-roadworthy for any reason.
- Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances your chosen motorcycle is not available. In these cases we will offer a similar or upgraded motorcycle at no extra cost.
All bikes and Can-am spyders must be locked when not in use by using the steering lock.
Our damage deposit (insurance excess) varies between motorcycles. For all BMW bikes it is €1500, or €2500 if leaving the island of Ireland. This is the maximum cost charged to you in the event of damage or theft. Your signature on your rental agreement page permits authority for us to debit the final repair charges against your pre-authorised damage deposit. If your bike is damaged or if you are involved in a traffic accident and it was not your fault, you must contact An Garda (Police) and report the incident, otherwise Celtic Rider may charge you for the damage.
- Celtic Rider office staff must be notified immediately of any accidents, or motorcycles falling over etc.
- In the event of an accident, the full damage deposit may be taken from the authorised credit card and held by Celtic Rider until repair estimates are received. Where an accident occurs after which our motorcycle is deemed to be un-roadworthy and which is the fault of the client, the rental contract is immediately terminated with no refund. Clients will be notified by email or phone of cost of repairs and any refund due will be refunded immediately.
- Motorcycle Rental Ireland Ltd, t/a Celtic Rider, wants our customers to enjoy our service and the roads of Ireland and Europe. We provide our bikes to our renters in good faith that they will treat them with the respect that they deserve, and renters are expected to adhere to Irish and European laws while using our bikes.
- Unpaid fines or penalties incurred by renters will be deducted from the pre-authorised damage deposit.
- Bikes can be taken out of the country of Ireland to anywhere in Europe with prior agreement.
- We work extremely hard to ensure that our bikes are in excellent condition for our customers. As such, our bikes are rented strictly for use on public roads only. Our bikes are not to be taken onto off-road terrain or onto beaches. Strict financial penalties may be applied to renters taking our bikes off-road or onto beaches.
Mileage is covered under your rental averaging 250 kilometres per day. This is a mean mileage to your overall tour. E.g. If you are renting a bike for seven days, total of 1,750 kilometres is allowed. Each kilometre over your allowed mileage rate is chargeable upon your return at a rate of 70 cent per km. Since we started in 2007, the average mileage is 220 kilometres per day.
- All tyres are tubeless and top-quality puncture repair kits are stored in every bike’s top-case. A puncture does not constitute a breakdown. Hirers are responsible for damage to tyres.